Manual Handling of People
This course follows the All Wales NHS Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme and teaches students how to move people at minimal risk to both patients and themselves.
Download a copy here: Passport
In some cases specialist equipment is needed to move people safely. Our National Headquarters in Cardiff has all the latest manual handling beds, chairs, hoists and other vital lifting mechanisms to give students the highest standards of training.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people in the care industry who move adults as part of their job.
What will you learn?
- Modules A – F of the All Wales Manual Handling Passport Scheme
- Principles of moving and handling
- Spinal anatomy and related injuries
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Local policies
- Emergency procedures
- Safe moving techniques
- Using manual handling equipment
How is it assessed?
By a St John trainer/assessor.