Manual Handling of People
This course follows the All Wales NHS Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme and teaches students how to move people at minimal risk to both patients and themselves.
Who it is for:
This course is designed for people in the care industry or anyone who move adults as part of their job.
What you will learn:
- Modules A – F of the All Wales Manual Handling Passport Scheme
- Principles of moving and handling
- Spinal anatomy and related injuries
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Local policies
- Emergency procedures
- Safe moving techniques
- Using manual handling equipment
There is no formal assessment on this course. Students are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John trainers.
All successful delegates will receive a St John Wales certificate, valid for 1 year.
Have you got the supplies your staff may need?
See our range of Health and Safety products available.