Manual Handling of People
This course follows the All Wales NHS Manual Handling Training Passport & Information Scheme and teaches students how to move people at minimal risk to both patients and themselves.
Who it is for?
This course is designed for people in the care industry or anyone who move adults as part of their job.
What you will learn?
- Modules A – F of the All Wales Manual Handling Passport Scheme
- Principles of moving and handling
- Spinal anatomy and related injuries
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Local policies
- Emergency procedures
- Safe moving techniques
- Using manual handling equipment
There is no formal assessment on this course. Students are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John trainers.
All successful delegates will receive a St John Wales certificate, valid for 1 year.
Have you got the supplies your staff may need?
See our range of Health and Safety products available.