Health and Safety Awareness
This course teaches employees from any sector the principles of working in a safe environment.
Who is it for?
This course covers the responsibilities when handling resources, risk in the workplace and how safety can be improved.
What will you learn?
- What is health & safety? A brief introduction to legislation and regulations
- General duties of Employers to Employees
- Employee responsibilities
- The Health & Safety Policy Statement
- The importance of good house keeping
- Accident procedures and reporting
- The nature and principles of Fire
- Action in the event of a fire
- Use and identification of fire fighting equipment
How is it assessed?
By a St John trainer/assessor.