About the course
Our infection control course has been adapted to help your business cope with the Swine Flu pandemic. The cost to UK businesses is set to be in the millions. Many employer groups are advising businesses to start making contingency plans after the government warned the pandemic could infect as many as 100,000 people a day!
Around 15,000 deaths and many serious illnesses are the result of infections. Many of these incidents could be avoided by having a basic understanding of what infections are and adopting effective control and monitoring techniques. This short course will demonstrate how you should effectively prevent and treat the most common infections within the workplace.
What will you learn?
- Infection control policies & procedures
- Handling and storage of specimens
- Effective personal hygiene
- Clinical waste management
- Waste disposal techniques
- Common diseases and infections
- Hand hygiene