Anaphylaxis First Aid
Allergic reactions can happen to anyone at any time and can be fatal without treatment. Our 1-hour course will teach you how to recognise the causes, symptoms and subsequent treatment of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis).
The Auto Injector (Epi-pen) course can be delivered as a standalone course or in conjunction with another First Aid course as a bolt-on module.
Who is it for?
This is a vital course for teachers, carers and members of the general public.
What will you learn?
- Define anaphylaxis and risk groups
- Understand the first aid treatments for allergic reactions
- Recognise anaphylaxis
- Demonstrate the use of an auto injector
- Understand the application of an auto injector
- Identify actions on accidental or incorrect administration
- Record the use of an auto injector
How is it assessed?
Delegates are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John Ambulance Cymru trainers in line with current HSE guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a St John Ambulance Cymru certificate, valid for 3 years.