Anaphylaxis First Aid
Allergic reactions can happen to anyone at any time and can be fatal without treatment. This course will teach you how to recognise the causes, symptoms and subsequent treatment of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis). The Auto Injector (epi – pen) course can be delivered as a stand alone course or in conjunction with another First Aid course.
Who is it for?
This is a vital course for teachers, carers and members of the general public.
What will you learn?
- Define Anaphylaxis and risk groups
- Understand the First Aid treatments for allergic reactions
- Recognise Anaphylaxis
- Identify the use of Epinephrine / Auto injector
- Understand the application of an Auto injector
- Identify actions on accidental or incorrect administration
- Record the use of an Auto injector
How is it assessed
There’s no formal assessment - our highly experienced St John trainers will make sure you know what you’re doing by giving you plenty of advice and demonstrations until you’re confident.