Oxygen therapy is up to 6 times more likely to save someone’s life than mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. You don’t need to be a healthcare professional to administer it. For the first time, your employees can extend their existing CPR skills by completing our short, straightforward Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy course.
Who it is for?
People with a valid First Aid at Work certi?cate who may need to administer Oxygen.
What you will learn?
- How oxygen works
- Airway Management Step wise approach
- (BVM) (Oropharyngeal and iGels)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Oxygen guidelines and administration
- Pulse oximetry
- Safety, storage and use of cylinders
- Structure of the lungs and the principles of gas exchange
There is no formal assessment on this course. Students are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John trainers.
All successful delegates will receive a St John Wales certificate, valid for 3 years.