Oxygen therapy is up to 6 times more likely to save someone’s life than mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. You don’t need to be a healthcare professional to administer it. For the first time, your employees can extend their existing CPR skills by completing our short, straightforward Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy course.
Who is it for?
People with a valid First Aid at Work certificate who may need to administer Oxygen.
What you will learn?
- How oxygen works
- Airway Management Step wise approach
- (BVM) (Oropharyngeal and iGels)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Oxygen guidelines and administration
- Pulse oximetry
- Safety, storage and use of cylinders
- Structure of the lungs and the principles of gas exchange
How is it assessed?
Delegates are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John Cymru trainers.
On completion of the course successful delegates will receive a St John Wales certificate, valid for 3 years.