Oxygen therapy is up to 6 times more likely to save someone’s life than mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. You don’t need to be a healthcare professional to administer it. For the ﬁrst time, your employees can extend their existing CPR skills by completing our short, straightforward Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy course.
Who is it for?
People with a valid First Aid at Work certiﬁcate who want to achieve a more advanced level of First Aid.
What will you learn?
- How oxygen works
- Airway Management Step wise approach
- (BVM) (Oropharyngeal and iGels)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Oxygen guidelines and administration
- Pulse oximetry
- Safety, storage and use of cylinders
- Structure of the lungs and the principles of gas exchange
How is it assessed?
By a St John trainer/assessor.