Latest figures show that in one year more than 42,000 fires were recorded at commercial premises in the UK. Tragically, 35 people lost their lives, 1,850 were injured and many businesses never recovered.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect on the 1st April 2006 and places greater responsibility on the employer to make the correct fire arrangements – including Fire Training and Fire equipment.
Our course is approved by the Institution of Fire Engineers and can help you protect your staff and business from the devastation caused by fire.
Who is it for?
Members of staff nominated to oversee Fire Safety in their workplace.
What will you learn?
- Cost of fire and arson, Legislation - The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire Risk assessment – the five steps
- The fire triangle
- Sources of ignition
- Spread of fire – convection, conduction, radiation
- Firefighting equipment
- Practical use of extinguishers
- Fire detection and warning
- Means of escape Personal Emergency
- Evacuation Plan – (PEEP)
- Duties of the fire marshal – daily and in the event of fire
- Fire evacuation drills
How is it assessed?
By a St John trainer/assessor.