The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 came into effect on 1st April 2006. It places responsibility on the employer to make the correct fire arrangements including fire training and fire equipment.
Our 1/2 day course is approved by the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) and teaches the implications of a fire in your workplace, basic fire safety awareness, and how you can protect your staff and business from the devastation caused by fire.
Who is it for?
Our course is specifically tailored to meet the needs of your designated fire marshals and members of staff nominated to oversee fire safety in your workplace.
What will you learn?
- Cost of fire and arson, Legislation - The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire risk assessment – the five steps
- The fire triangle
- Sources of ignition
- Spread of fire – convection, conduction, and radiation
- Firefighting equipment
- Practical use of extinguishers
- Fire detection and warning
- Means of escape
- Evacuation Plan – (PEEP)
- Duties of the fire marshal – daily and in the event of fire
- Fire evacuation drills
How is it assessed?
Delegates are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John Cymru trainers in line with current HSE guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a St John Cymru certificate, valid for 3 years.
Have you got the supplies your staff may need?