First Aid at Work
This popular course is perfect for most companies because it teaches students the core First Aid skills that will qualify them to be their company’s designated First Aider. It is recognised by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
As of 31st December 2016 now includes the use of an AED.
Who is it for?
Whether your company is big or small, high or low risk, this course is ideal for the person chosen to be the nominated First Aider.
What will you learn?
- Role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication & casualty care
- Bleeding (minor & severe)
- Bones, muscles and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains (including heart attack)
- Choking (adult)
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Health & safety (first aid) regulations
- Low blood sugar
- Resuscitation (adult) - including the use of an AED - NEW
- Seizures (adult)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive casualty