Schools First Aid
Teachers and ancillary staff are often first on the scene at an accident in school so it's vital staff know what to do in an emergency.
This short course teaches delegates how to treat some of the most common childhood injuries promptly and effectively.
Who is it for?
This is a vital course for teachers and support staff who work in a school or teaching environment.
What will you learn?
- Managing an incident
- Resuscitation (CPR) including use of an AED
- Treating an unresponsive casualty
- Controlling bleeding
- Dealing with choking
- Treating shock (including anaphylactic shock)
- Dealing with sprains and fractures
- Dealing with epilepsy, diabetes, and asthma
- Dealing with head injuries, nose bleeds, and abdominal pain
- Eye irrigation
How is it assessed?
Delegates are continually assessed by our highly experienced St John Cymru trainers in line with current HSE guidelines.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates will receive a St John Cymru certificate, valid for 3 years.
Have you got the supplies your staff may need?
See our range of first aid kits to find one that suits your workplace.