Schools First Aid
Around 130,000 accidents happen to children in schools across the UK every year.
Teachers and ancillary staff are often first at the scene so it is vital that you know what to do.
This short course will teach you how to treat some of the most common childhood injuries promptly and effectively.
What Will You Learn?
- Managing an incident
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Treating an unresponsive casualty
- Controlling bleeding
- Dealing with choking
- Treating shock (including anaphylactic shock)
- Dealing with sprains & fractures
- Dealing with epilepsy, diabetes, asthma
- Dealing with head injuries, nose bleeds, abdominal pain
- Eye irrigation
You can also teach the children first aid...
Once you have your St John Wales first aid certificate, you can pass your knowledge onto the children!
We provide you with engaging teaching resources and information on where first aid fits into the National Curriculum. To find all the information you need to run a Young Lifesaver course in your school or club, click here.