Paediatric First Aid
This course is recommended for childcare professionals by the National Childminding Association and covers all the required First Aid elements to register under the Childcare Approval Scheme. It will teach you how to deal with some of the most common accidents, injuries and illnesses suffered by infants and children up to the age of puberty.
Who is it for?
This course is crucial for anyone who works with infants or young children. Please note unfortunately children / babies are not permitted to attend with parents on this course
What will you learn?
- Incident management
- Child/infant resuscitation
- Treating an unconscious casualty
- Head Injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Burns & scalds
- Recognition of childhood illness and injuries (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup)
- Sickle cell anaemia
- Use of an epipen
- Can be used for people working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education
How is it assessed?
There’s no formal assessment - our highly experienced St John trainers will make sure you know what you’re doing by giving you plenty of advice and the chance to practice on our manikins until you’re confident.